Tuesday 26 August 2008

Devizes Carnival Street Festival

I spent Bank Holiday Monday on the museum stall in the market place, surrounded by all the events that had been laid on by the Carnival! The museum had its regular tombola, which created a lot of interest, especially as old friends dropped in for a chat with the people manning the stall.

I was striking Roman coins, and this proved to be pretty popular, as I spoke to 355 people during the day! No wonder that my voice was a little hoarse by the end of the day. As ever, I met a lot of very interesting people, from someone who is in the English Heritage aerial photo unit, detectorists who will hopefully bring their finds to the museum for recording and even the Carnival Queen! (Un)fortunately, Doug didn't have a camera on him, so we are saved having the event recorded for posterity.